"How did it come to pass that an opposition's measure of a president's foreign policy was all or nothing, success or "failure"? The answer is that the political absolutism now normal in Washington arrived at the moment--Nov. 7, 2000--that our politics subordinated even a war against terror to seizing the office of the presidency." - Daniel Henninger - WSJ 11/18/05
------------------------------------------------
"the slovenliness of our language makes it easier for us to have foolish thoughts." - George Orwell
------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Tagged by a Thinking Blogger?


I’ve been accused by a resident of the Great White North (at the least, an institution geographically located somewhere up there) of being a Thinking Blogger. I take umbrage with this “label,” but this does not relieve me of my duty in identifying FIVE (although according to him, I must select six and then Update from there I’m back to five).

In the interest of privacy and not impugning the innocent I will only refer to the guttersnipe (the tagger) at One Old Green Bus Blog as Matthew Didier (note, please disregard Sue at this about page; not that she is not worthy of attention, just that she does not deserve your scorn. I’m pretty sure she does the thoughtful posts anyway).

What is a “Thinking blogger?” Good question. Based upon the Herculean efforts I put forth trying to find anything that may be considered of a thoughtful nature as posted by Matthew; I’m not so sure. I then spent the better part of the past week or so trying to discover, what if anything is of a thoughtful nature at my site; but to no avail so.....

Through no help whatsoever from Matthew I searched high and low on the internet; and had much difficulty cutting through the shroud of mystery that is the genesis of the “Thinking Blogger Award. Following many sleepless nights deep in thought (thinking as well), a search at google provided the answer in the first result. Aha…..it’s a meme……

Participation in the "Thinking Blogger Awards;" the rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote

MY SELECTION OF THINKING BLOGGERS

My selection at this time consists of only three; with the other two to follow shortly in another post; seeing as Matthew selected DeMediacratic Nation it seemed only appropriate that I actually think through my selections.

They are (in no particular order other than numercules):

1.) The Middle East Interest

2.) Sigmund, Carl and Alfred

3.) One Cosmos

I certainly hope that they participate as they are the epitome of thinking bloggers (please disregard that this selection is coming from one that avoids thought at most costs).

  • DeMediacratic Nation Blogrolls

    Please give this Post/Blog a Vote - Top Blogs
  •  

    © blogger templates 3 column | Webtalks