"How did it come to pass that an opposition's measure of a president's foreign policy was all or nothing, success or "failure"? The answer is that the political absolutism now normal in Washington arrived at the moment--Nov. 7, 2000--that our politics subordinated even a war against terror to seizing the office of the presidency." - Daniel Henninger - WSJ 11/18/05
------------------------------------------------
"the slovenliness of our language makes it easier for us to have foolish thoughts." - George Orwell
------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Lee Harris on Cartoon Jihad on National Review Online

Lee Harris on Cartoon Jihad on National Review Online: "The evidence, unfortunately, is that the West is not even remotely interested in mounting a defense of its values in the face of Muslim fanaticism."

Lee harris starts out with this; "Does the so-called "cartoon war" represent the clash of civilizations? I wish I could answer "yes," but I can't."

His premise, and it hits home is that it takes two to clash. As the West, at least at this point is taking more of an appeasing stance; therefore we have no clash really.

Lee Harris' articles can be found at Tech Central Station. I have unfortunately not found the one I read a number of years ago when everything was starting to boil up in Iraq. I'll keep looking, as brutally honest as it is, it really makes you think. I can't even come close to summarizing it so I won't. If anyone reads this post and finds it (you'll know which one), let me know in a comment.

 

© blogger templates 3 column | Webtalks