"How did it come to pass that an opposition's measure of a president's foreign policy was all or nothing, success or "failure"? The answer is that the political absolutism now normal in Washington arrived at the moment--Nov. 7, 2000--that our politics subordinated even a war against terror to seizing the office of the presidency." - Daniel Henninger - WSJ 11/18/05
------------------------------------------------
"the slovenliness of our language makes it easier for us to have foolish thoughts." - George Orwell
------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

CNN.com - Couric announces move to CBS, Myrna Blyth and Jonah Goldberg at NRO

CNN.com - Couric announces�move to CBS - Apr 5, 2006

'"I wanted to tell all of you out there who have watched the show for the past 15 years that after listening to my heart and my gut -- two things that have served me pretty well in the past -- I've decided I'll be leaving 'Today' at the end of May," she said, announcing her departure at the beginning of Wednesday's "Today." "I really feel as if we've become friends through the years."'

As CBS take a further downturn....to further depths....never considered...the dispensible Katie Couric

Myrna Blyth at NRO has an interesting take on the recent annual Matrix Awards, of which Katie Couric was a recipient (among others).

Even more interesting is Jonah Golderberg's view that "TV new takes itself too seriously," a view with which I agree.

 

© blogger templates 3 column | Webtalks