"How did it come to pass that an opposition's measure of a president's foreign policy was all or nothing, success or "failure"? The answer is that the political absolutism now normal in Washington arrived at the moment--Nov. 7, 2000--that our politics subordinated even a war against terror to seizing the office of the presidency." - Daniel Henninger - WSJ 11/18/05
------------------------------------------------
"the slovenliness of our language makes it easier for us to have foolish thoughts." - George Orwell
------------------------------------------------

Friday, April 28, 2006

Once again it's about Race

Nothing wrong here...

I don't know how many times I have been called a traitor to my race. - Susan Trevino
Cross posted from My Country-My View

I think those of us that are Hispanic will fight this to the end. We hear the worst of it because we are Hispanic. I don't know how many times I have been called a traitor to my race.

Now if I break the law I go to jail. Is this called racism? No! I broke the law it doesn't matter what race that I am. I broke the law and that is all to be said about it. I must pay my dues.
Do you think I am going to go around telling people: "Oh they did this to me because I am Hispanic"

That is not how it works; although I belief a lot of that is going around right now. I can just hear them saying it now. I also have heard time and time again about the Minutemen being racists.
I can tell you if they were really racist, they wouldn't let Hispanics in PERIOD!

Even if they thought it would benefit them. Real racists HATE! They don't care what you can do for them! It is about getting rid of you and that is all.

We are AMERICAN'S, we love and respect our country and we just don't want to see it trampled upon. I don't care where you come from.

YOU ARE WELCOME, JUST DO IT LEGALLY.

Minuteman are protecting our borders. Is this so bad? The fact that 10% are Hispanic should make us stop and take a look. Instead there is nothing but criticism. I just don't get it anymore.

I will say I am so glad that out of all the students that walked out to protest in Houston and Pasadena, my daughter or nieces and nephews were not among them. Did this cause some trouble for them?

Yes actually it did, but they continue to stand their ground. It also isn't as bad as most people would think. I'm told that lots of the kids did it just to get out of school and there were also many that didn't really know what the walk-out was really about.
They just followed the crowd.
Still the important thing that people need to understand is that there are many of us Hispanics that are so against illegal immigration, and we are not sell-outs as some call us.
Just read it with your own eyes, in the link above. These are only a couple besides myself whose opinions are being viewed. There are so many more of us. Once again we are not racists.
I will continue to support the Minutemen

**This was a production of The Coalition Against Illegal Immigration (CAII). If you would like to participate, please go to the above link to learn more. Afterwards, email the coalition and let me know at what level you would like to participate.**

tag: tag:

 

© blogger templates 3 column | Webtalks