"How did it come to pass that an opposition's measure of a president's foreign policy was all or nothing, success or "failure"? The answer is that the political absolutism now normal in Washington arrived at the moment--Nov. 7, 2000--that our politics subordinated even a war against terror to seizing the office of the presidency." - Daniel Henninger - WSJ 11/18/05
------------------------------------------------
"the slovenliness of our language makes it easier for us to have foolish thoughts." - George Orwell
------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Lemme Guess, Lionel is a Liberal...

I don't want to waste too much breath on this one, but it struck me as worth sharing. Read it and decide for yourself.

According to Lionel S. Lewis in his Op/ed at the Baltimore Sun:

Over six decades of research shows that the values of students remain largely unaffected by what goes on in the classroom. The values young people leave college with are pretty much like those they bring with them when first setting foot on campus; at most, they take away new skills.
I would imagine that over those same "six decades" that there is research that supports the antithesis of the "liberal" professors argument.

Where does the research follow the impact of these students once they've moved on in life. The argument that colleges are influenced by a liberal mindset have been around for a long time and changes in society based upon this would take time to have an effect, I would think.

Anyone ever notice how quickly opposition to the Iraq front on the War on Islamic Extremism got together? Hours, rather than the years it took for Vietnam.

I wouldn't doubt that I am mistaken, but I believe most people tend to be more liberal in their younger years; I know I was. So, that said I don't doubt that Liberal professoriate mindset has it's damaging Liberal effect.

More on or by Li here, and here.

 

© blogger templates 3 column | Webtalks