"How did it come to pass that an opposition's measure of a president's foreign policy was all or nothing, success or "failure"? The answer is that the political absolutism now normal in Washington arrived at the moment--Nov. 7, 2000--that our politics subordinated even a war against terror to seizing the office of the presidency." - Daniel Henninger - WSJ 11/18/05
------------------------------------------------
"the slovenliness of our language makes it easier for us to have foolish thoughts." - George Orwell
------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Legal Citizens and Immigrants Speak Out Against Illegal Immigration

How does one in favor of describing "illegal immigrants" as just plain old "immigrants," as most of the MSM did yesterday (the exception being Fox News), thereby effectively painting all those opposing "illegal immigration" as "anti-immigration;" describe/label Asuncion L. Mendoza below? Is Mrs. Mendoza "anti-immigrant?"

Cross posted from CommonSenseAmerica

This is a comment on one of my posts and, with permission of its author, I’d like to share it with you:

To whom it may concern:

My name is Asuncion L. Mendoza, full blooded Filipino from the Philippines. I came to this country almost 21 years ago, and became a naturalized American Citizen. I am so sick and tired of this “Immigration Issue” going on right now, that the illegal immigrants (mostly from Mexico), are using to gain immigration rights and possibly Citizenship….just like that. I don’t think so!!!!!

My whole family came to this country legally. We went thru proper channels to get here. We went through a lot, we had to provide legal and proper documentation, health clearance, FBI clearance, we had to pass an Immigrant Visa interview with the US Embassy (in the Philippines), not to mention the expensive fee for each of the items or documentation we had to provide. We were required to speak English or you will fail your interview.

Why should the Government just hand these illegal immigrants immigration rights or citizenship? What about us, the legal immigrants?

This is not fair.

I asked Mrs. Mendoza if I could post her comment and her reply was equally eloquent:

“You have my permission to post my comments…I want everyone especially the law makers and the Politician to be aware that the legal immigrants like myself are watching and aware of what is going on. They better be careful on what ever changes they are about to make on immigration laws, they need to be fair. They need to take care of the law abiding legal immigrants or naturalized American Citizens like us. These illegal immigrants are already taking so much away from us and our children.”

I couldn’t have said it better myself!

**This was a production of The Coalition Against Illegal Immigration (CAII). If you would like to participate, please go to the above link to learn more. Afterwards, email the coalition and let me know at what level you would like to participate.**



 

© blogger templates 3 column | Webtalks