"How did it come to pass that an opposition's measure of a president's foreign policy was all or nothing, success or "failure"? The answer is that the political absolutism now normal in Washington arrived at the moment--Nov. 7, 2000--that our politics subordinated even a war against terror to seizing the office of the presidency." - Daniel Henninger - WSJ 11/18/05
------------------------------------------------
"the slovenliness of our language makes it easier for us to have foolish thoughts." - George Orwell
------------------------------------------------

Thursday, June 21, 2007

I've been Tagged Too

I have been tagged by the Right Truth-ful one and following my ramblings so have five others. Those that have been tagged by me, please take a moment to take a break from the fires around you and have some fun.

Rules of being Tagged

Tagging in the Blogosphere means, that if you’ve been picked, you have to pick five to ten others to follow suit. Here are some questions and answers. The questions can be changed when you “tag” some other blogger. If you’re tagged, answer the questions on your Blog.

Tagging Questions:

1) Name your favorite band and singer. (The singer can’t be from the band)

Singer: Francis Albert Sinatra

Band: The Police

2) Favorite historical politician (domestic)? (Historical = Dead)

George Washington or Theodore Roosevelt

3) Favorite historical politician (International)?

General Pervez Musharraf

4) You’re giving a Hollywood pitch (25 words or less) about your Blog — GO

It’s a blog about the media’s misconception that it rules the nation; Liberal idiocy; backward Islamo-fascist tendency having people or nations and if you don’t like it you can shove it. Although, if you prefer, “it’s a blog about nothing.”

5) Other than where you live now, what city do you like?

Not Chernobyl that’s for sure. Rather than a city, I’d like to be wealthy enough to live away from it all. Phoenix is quite a nice city, however, nobody is ever there; it’s a ghost town on the weekend. Copout: but I honestly cannot think of anywhere else. Throw some out at me and I’ll consider them, I’m sure there is one.

6) Favorite modern politician? (In office now)

George W. Bush; I may often disagree with him, but he is the least full of sh*t pol we have had in a long, long time. Politics and elections are not so much about “may the best man win,” as much as they are; “may the smaller as*hole win.”

7) Are you a Wilsonian Idealist or Nixonian Realist in foreign policy?

Like Debbie said, it depends upon the situation. I am idealistic with a realist bent, however, this description may be based upon my definition rather than a political science accepted one. I’m nearing the point where I wound consider letting loose, allowing the pieces to fall where they may, then go about working out what to do next. Too much hedging and BS worthless talk these days that lead to the same. It’s time to mix it up a bit and catch everyone off guard. The U.S. is this, the U.S. is that…well what do you think of this? Our latest enemy is used to playing by our rules against us and tying our hands with them; what would they do if we didn’t? Ugly; but interesting…

8) Favourite (change spelling in honor of my favorite Canadian) obscure movie?

Not that obscure, but I really enjoyed two movies worth mentioning (note that favorite is a superlative and there can only be one, as I don’t have a “favorite” I am allowed to mention more than one); Being There and I Love You, Alice B. Tolkas! (if nothing else, for some reason they were the first to pop into my head, so they must mean something to me). I’ll add Zelig too…it just showed up like the other two.






Debbie at Right Truth the tagger, selected Somewhere in Time (obscure for sure, but I too really enjoyed that one)

9) What is your favorite restaurant?

If they serve food and it’s not horrible? I like it.

10) Choose a music video on YouTube. Why that one?

Sorry, but I hate videos and do not watch them.

Who to tag it on to….well, there’s:

Matthew and his One Old Green Bus

Faultline USA

Lord Somber at The Pungeoning (I would truly enjoy hearing from him)

The TYGRRRR Express

From the Mind of Abouna; Just Hitting Another Brick Wall

  • DeMediacratic Nation Blogrolls

    Please give this Post/Blog a Vote - Top Blogs
  •  

    © blogger templates 3 column | Webtalks