"How did it come to pass that an opposition's measure of a president's foreign policy was all or nothing, success or "failure"? The answer is that the political absolutism now normal in Washington arrived at the moment--Nov. 7, 2000--that our politics subordinated even a war against terror to seizing the office of the presidency." - Daniel Henninger - WSJ 11/18/05
------------------------------------------------
"the slovenliness of our language makes it easier for us to have foolish thoughts." - George Orwell
------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Immigration - illegal and/or otherwise


I recently posted regarding an issue in Tennessee and illegal immigrants getting IDs there. I had intended to attach a scan of a deposit slip from my bank, but spaced it, hence the photo here.

I understand that people want to come to the U.S. and I have no problem with multi-culturalism, although I do have a problem with it as defined by the left. I like the idea of people from other parts of the world sharing their culture, but when that culture is held above becoming a part the U.S. I have issues.

The U.S. doesn't have an official language, however, I and most of us here speak english. That said, I was pretty ripped when I needed to make a deposit about a week or so ago and the only slips I could find were deposit and withdrawal slips in spanish!!! Welcome to the USA.

You might find this link to a previous post interesting, some of the articles I linked to especially with regard to the courts awarding a citizen's land to illegal immigrants. Laura Ingraham has a link from her site to some photos of the tunnel recently discovered that crossed the border. It's quite a piece of work.

 

© blogger templates 3 column | Webtalks